Down with “we are world class and our shit does not stink attitude.” — viva la free software.
I am thinking of setting up a not-for-profit software company and calling it pew’s best guess information technology. (kidding!)
My logic is that there are too many Rolls-Royce, NASA & Microsoft companies of this world and not enough not-for-profits. It was not so long ago that the world got a shock when a NASA Space Shuttle exploded tragically and also when parts started to fall off Boeing RR engines or Microsoft Windows of different versions crashing for various unexplainable reasons.
I see this as being systemic of companies like RR, NASA & Microsoft going around saying “We are/were world class at everything and our shit does not stink.”
I see the argument why RR, NASA and MS want to have their holier-than-thow attitude however I see it as very damaging to their reputation.
ps – I finally found the last bug in my Frog Retro Remake arcade game … I got some help from a guy on the Free Pascal forum… it turned out to be a very complicated solution with a couple of lines for different types of string conversions… not intuitive and this guy as-good-as-said that I needed to be a string expert to understand it. See attached PDF file and read it for a detailed explanation if you are interested.
- Call for nominations for the 13th annual Free Software Awards (fsf.org)
- Free Software Foundation’s annual fundraising drive (boingboing.net)
- Zesty Latin Lookbooks – Viva la Revolucion by Nicole Bentley Makes Spicy Summer Spreads (GALLERY) (trendhunter.com)
- The Best Free PDF Creation Software (brighthub.com)
- Rubén Romero: Unity: Makes me want to push the Ubuntu desktop. Once again! (huayra.wordpress.com)
- Holiday calendar: Viva Las Vegas (photoblog.msnbc.msn.com)
- Is there any free data recovery software’full Version) for memory card? (grand-alliance.com)
- When Free Software Isn’t Better (mako.cc)
- Report: NASA Safety Issues Prompted By Policy Disputes (minx.cc)
- Jo Shields: The phantom fifth freedom (apebox.org)